Introduction: what cookies are and what they are used for
A cookie is a small file consisting of letters and numbers that a website visited by the user sends to the user’s terminal (computer or mobile device, like a smartphone or tablet), where it is saved. Then, when the user revisits the site later, the cookie is sent back to the website.
By using cookies, the www.borboniqua.com (“Website”) is capable of identifying users that access it, in order to improve the browsing experience of the identified user. To prevent cookies from being saved on your terminal and on your browser, you need to disable them.
Cookies used by our website
Cookies are first of all differentiated based on the party installing them on the user’s terminal. Indeed, cookies may be installed by the operator of the website the user is visiting (“first- party cookies”) or by the operator of a different website, which installs cookies through the first website (third- party cookies”).
Cookies are also differentiated based on their purpose. Specifically, the Website uses:
- Technical/functional cookies. These may be session cookies (e.g., cookies that are automatically deleted when the browser is closed) or long-term cookies, which are used to remember the information used between two different accesses. These cookies are used only to allow for user navigation or to provide a service requested by the user. They remember the information that the user provides while navigating on the Website pages. These include, for example, cookies that make it possible to make a purchase, that make it possible to be authenticated to enter private areas or which save the language and nationality selected by the user when visiting the Website. This improves the user’s experience while browsing on the Website.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These cookies allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and see what they do on our Website. They help us to improve the functioning of our Website by, for example, ensuring that users are able to easily find what they are looking for. The Website uses third-party analytical cookies that gather information which is adequately anonymized by special tools used by the Website.
Technical/functional cookies do not require user consent, nor do the third-party analytical/performance cookies currently present on the website. Consent is not required for the installation of these analytical cookies as tools are adopted which reduce the power of the cookie to identify users and the third party does not cross-reference the information collected with the Personal Data of the user.
- Profiling cookies: these allow the website that installed them to monitor user navigation, also in order to send advertising and/or offer services in line with the preferences displayed by the user while browsing online. The Website uses third-party cookies. Only profiling cookies require prior consent of the user.
With respect to the information collected by the cookies installed directly by the Website, Lifestyle Srl, as data controller, specifies the following:
- the data are collected only for the purposes and for the duration specified in the tables below and are processed with electronic methods;
- as regards “technical” cookies, as noted above, please recall that the use of such cookies does not require prior user consent as these cookies are necessary to allow for navigation within and the proper functioning of the Website. If technical cookies are removed through browser settings, all or some navigation on the Website may not be possible.
- the data collected by first-party cookies may be disclosed to parties that act on behalf of Lifestyle Srl as data processing managers or data processors, for purposes connected to those described above. With respect to such data, please note that users are entitled to exercise the rights afforded to them under EU Regulation 2016/679, as described in more detail in the Privacy Disclosure available by clicking on “Privacy&Security” at the bottom of each page on the website.
- Lastly, with reference to third-party cookies, please note that the purposes of such cookies, the logics underlying the relative processing and the management of user preferences with respect to such cookies are not determined and/or verified by Lifestyle Srl but rather by the third party that provides them, as specified in the table above. Lifestyle Srl undertakes to provide support to users who so request by submitting a report here on the methods for providing consent/selective refusal or for deleting cookies from their browser.
Managing profiling cookies consent
- The first time a user visits the website www.borboniqua.com, it is possible to accept all cookies by carrying out one of the following actions:
- closing the banner by clicking on X or on “ok” in the banner or
- accessing another area of the website or clicking on any element of the page (image or link) outside the banner or
- scrolling down on the page
During the first visit of the website www.borboniqua.com, if none of the actions described in the banner is carried out but the user accesses the extended disclosure from the banner, the user may deny consent to the installation of third-party cookies by clicking on the link in the “privacy disclosure and consent form” column of the table noted above. Note: users who do not interact with the consent modules and continue browsing by clicking on any element on the page, positioned above or below this extended disclosure, provide their consent to the installation of cookies.
In any case, through browser settings. The following procedure should be followed to configure these settings:
Change Cookie settings
Click on the “Tools” icon, “Internet Options” then the “Privacy” tab. You can change the cookie acceptance policy by dragging the relative slider up or down or clicking on the websites button and in the window that appears authorizing or blocking the acceptance of cookies on a site by site basis. Click on OK to apply the changes.
Select “Tools”, “Internet Options”, then “Delete” from the “Browsing history” box. You will find a series of items, including Cookies. Verify that the checkbox is activated alongside its name and click on “Delete”.
Change Cookie settings
Type chrome://settings/ in the address bar, then click on “Advanced” at the bottom of the page, then on “Content settings”. In the “Privacy” section, select Privacy settings and then “Allow sites to save and read cookie data (recommended)”, then “Done”.
Type chrome://history/ in the address bar, then select “Clear browsing data”. You will find a series of items, including “Cookies and other site data”. Verify that the checkbox is activated alongside its name and click on “Clear data”.
In any event, we recommend that you always check the updated guide by clicking here
Change Cookie settings
Access options through the menu icon, then select the “Privacy” section. Under “history” select: “use custom settings”, then specify how cookies should be managed by selecting the options offered by the program. Click on “OK” to apply the changes.
Access options through the menu icon, then select the “Privacy” section. Under “history” select: “use custom settings”, then click on “Show cookies”. The Cookies window will open: In the “Search” field, enter the name of the website for which you want to remove cookies. A list of cookies relating to your search will appear. On the list, select the cookies to be removed and click on Remove Selected. To delete all cookies saved on your computer, you can use the “Remove all cookies” option.
In any event, we recommend that you always check the updated guide by clicking here https://support.mozilla.org/it/kb/Attivare e disattivare i cookie
Change Cookie settings
Click on “Preferences” on the “Tools” menu (CTRL+), then select the Privacy section. Select the cookie management policy by choosing an option from amongst those proposed by the program, then close the options window using the close icon on the top right.
Click on “Preferences” on the “Tools” menu (CTRL+), then select the Privacy section. Click on “Remove all website data” then confirm your selection.
Select the cookie management policy by choosing an option from amongst those proposed by the program, then close the options window using the close icon on the top right.
In any event, we recommend that you always check the updated guide by clicking here: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH19214?viewlocale=it_IT&locale=en_US
For behavioral advertising cookies, the user may also set preferences through the website youronlinechoices.com/it (the system applies for participating companies that use behavioral advertising cookies).